Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crab & Fin

Eating out isn't something Chris or I do too often. Cooking is so much fun, I hate to give the fun to someone else!
This weekend we were away from our kitchen so we got to enjoy the cooking of some professionals :)

Mom and I went to the Crab & Fin on St. Armands Circle in Sarasota. Delicious! I can't even wait to tell you about it.

We ended up arriving in time for "early dining" which was kind of a fluke but the ever budget friendly part of me was jumping for joy. Chris and I actually hit the early bird special at Kobe for my birthday back in August. It may not be as trendy to eat early but I love it! It gives you plenty of time for nighttime fun and it costs less. Early dining at this place meant selected entrees were about 20% off and included a free appetizer.

The waiter said the restaurant prints their menu's daily so this isn't the one I had yesterday but here is a sample menu. I had Gazpacho and Icelandic Atlantic Char.

Gazpacho is amazing. If you have never had it, all I can say is that I strongly suggest that you do and if you're in Sarasota I strongly suggest you try the Crab & Fin's. It's a chilled tomato soup with fresh crunchy vegetables like cucumber, bell pepper, celery, and onion. plus other delicious things. It's really great in the summer and can be truly healthy. Mine, as you can see, was super beautiful and I assure you super delicious. It was served with croutons and sour cream on top.


My entree was the Atlantic Char with jasmine rice, coconut curry broth, and various vegetables like peppers. I am pretty sure that is lemongrass on the top but I am not totally sure. Either way it was so crazy delicious I couldn't stop eating it and I ate the whole thing! The fish was tender, not oily, crispy on the edges... sigh, I'm salivating describing it. The waiter described the fish as similar to salmon in texture but less oily and I was excited to find his evaluation correct.

Vacation eating is the best isn't it? Where do you like to eat on vacation? Do you order items that remind you of home or things you would never make at home?
The gazpacho and curry-coconut sauce are definitely things I wouldn't make at home.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment