Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CAKE!

I never liked sweets.
We didn't even have cake at our wedding because, I didn't like cake. I always preferred salty foods like popcorn, chips, nacho cheese, even pretzels.
Well I don't know why, but for some reason after getting married I decided I love sweets!
and I LOVE CAKE.

I told you Ina Garten was one of my favorite chefs, well I have been craving this cake she makes called Beatty's Chocolate Cake.
and... Chris, very kindly, pointed out that buying cake by the slice every night is costing us too much. He thought I should make the cake and then it wouldn't have high fructose corn syrup in it (Publix's cake sadly does have HFCS) and it would be cheaper than spending $3 a night on cake. He's smart.

I don't know about cursing on the blog but goodness! this cake was good. I'm not going to copy the recipe down because you can just click the link. It's the softest, most chocolaty, bestest cake ever!

and we even made the buttercream icing which I had never done before
but most definitly am going to start doing on a regular basis because it was like heaven; imagine soft fluffy butter that has melted chocolate, powdered sugar, vanilla, and starbucks via. very wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment