Tonight we had Steak Quesadillas using the leftover steak from Monday.
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 red pepper
4 Small Flour Tortillas (you could use whole wheat but Chris would never eat those, so we still use flour.)
Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican Cheese blend
4-6oz Leftover Steak
Salsa and/or Sour Cream
1. Pre-heat the oven - How about 350?
2. Cut up your peppers and onions. If you have a purple onion I think that'd be fine. or green peppers instead of red and yellow. I like to use peppers because they add some vegetable and they are crunchy.
3. Toss some Cumin, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and Parsley in with yourvegetables.
4. Heat maybe 1tsp olive oil in your pan until hot and add your peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. I covered my baking sheet in foil.
6. Build your quesadillas, Tortilla, Steak Strips, Cheese, Peppers and Onions, and Tortilla on top. Be careful not to get too overzealous in your filling. You don't want the quesadillas to be spilling out everywhere.
7. Bake in the oven for about 5-6min
then flip (gently) and 5-6min on the other side until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.