Friday, January 20, 2012

Vegan Raw Tart

I did it!
I actually made the tart.
My friend Kayla had to come over and watch the you tube videos with me and give me lots of help and encouragement, but still, we did it!



Crust:
medjool dates*
unsweetened coconut*
walnuts*



Filling:
6 medjool dates soaked in water*
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup agave nectar*
2 large avocados - mashed
2/3 cup cocoa powder




I took this tart into work and everyone tried some and everyone liked it! No one guessed there was an avocado in it! My boss does think I'm a little "twigs and berries" but who cares :) It's a dessert with no sugar, no flour, no butter, no eggs but it isn't just a bowl of fruit!
I was so proud of myself for this one, try it and you'll be proud of yourself too!

Finished Product:


* means I used organic
Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment