Sunday, January 8, 2012

Do you like mushy foods?

I've been contemplating a mushy food feast!
I'm working on a great baba ganoush recipe to go along with my favorite roasted red pepper hummus. Plus I found a recipe for a white bean and artichoke dip that sounds delicious.

I love dips and crunchy things... chips and salsa, carrots and hummus, chocolate and pretzels.

Anyone have mushy dip recipes they like?

A Hummus that I like:
Puree the following together in a food processor:
2 cloves garlic
15oz can of chickpeas
2-3 tbsp chickpea water from can
3-4 roasted red peppers
1/4 cup of tahini (sometimes i use a tiny bit less)
5 tbsp lemon juice (sometime i get heavy handed)
tiny drizzle of olive oil


and then... I didn't have any chickpeas so what to do... use Edamame!!
I basically used the same recipe with the edamame but then I got to thinking maybe an asian edamame hummus with garlic, edamame, sesame oil, ginger, almond butter, and maybe sriracha? OH YES!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment