Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our go-to Kale Salad Recipe

I've made this so many times I forgot to take a picture. Oops.

De-stem your kale. I've used kurleykale and lactino kale. I like both options. Kurleykale feels more similar to lettuce I think.
Layer a few leaves on top of each other and roll, like a cigarette.
Then slice small ribbons. You are such an expect chef, you just made a Chiffonade.

Thinly slice red cabbage and mix in with the kale ribbons.

Next make the dressing: Oil Free!
1 part fresh orange juice to 1 part balsamic vinegar to half a part of dijon mustard. Whisk.

Pour about half of the dressing to start over the kale and cabbage and massage, add more dressing if you need too. Massage more.

Throw in a diced red pepper, sunflower seeds, green or red onion, and orange segments. It's so filling, low in fat, high in fiber, plant based, raw, and to top it off, it's yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment