Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes



Cupcakes are delicious. I don't know many people that would disagree.
What about cupcakes without animal products?
Could they be delicious.
I say yes!

Chocolate Cupcakes
1 cup soy milk **
1 tsp apple cider vinegar**
1/3 cup canola oil**
3/4 cup sugar**
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/3 cup non alkaline cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
** means I used organic for this ingredient.

Oven: 350 degrees

1. Mix soy milk and vinegar, stir, and let sit for 5 min (you're making vegan buttermilk!)
2. Whisk together soy milk/vinegar, canola oil, sugar, vanilla in bowl number one.
3. Sift together the rest of the ingredients in bowl number two.
4. Mix the wet contents of bowl number one into the dry ingredients of bowl number two.
5. Pour batter into greased (I used Pam Spray**) cupcake pan.
6. Bake for 23-25 min. The official ready test is "until springy"


I made a chai tea (not)buttercream icing which was delicious but I'm working on a peanut butter one that I'm thinking I might like better.
I'll try and keep you up to date.

PS- Be careful when removing your cupcakes from the pan (aka, don't turn over and shake violently) because the corner of your cupcake may be missing like this one:


Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. I am a big cup cake fan!!! These are perfectly baked chocolate cup cakes..

    ReplyDelete