Friday, January 27, 2012

Organic?


I've heard debate over organic foods. Some say it's worth it and some say it's a waste.

My biggest question is then, a waste of what? A waste of money? Is spending your money on your food a waste of money?
I obviously can't answer that question for anyone else but me. Everyone has to come to their own answer.

For me... spending my money on what I eat is the absolute best way for me to spend it. Back in the day when I was growing up there was this cute little phrase they told us kids, "You are what you eat." I don't want to be full of genetically modified ingredients and pesticides that poison the ground and are harmful to the people applying them.

As of right now, Certified Organic is the strictest certification through the Food and Drug Administration. That's why I buy organic foods.

If spending your money on food is a waste I might suggest you limit your eating out, the mark-up on that junk is insane. That's just a piece of unsolicited budget advice that has nothing to do with organic foods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment