Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tuesday Lunch

It was 10:30 at night when I realized I hadn't made lunch for the next day. Oops. The great thing about a meal plan though is that I knew exactly what I was making and I knew we had the ingredients. (Chris was super excited I trashed his Burger King dreams)

Succotash with "chicken" which isn't chicken at all, it's soy protein and wheat gluten. Gardein brand has 90 calories, 2 grams of fat, 14 grams of protein and 0 sugar! I had $1 off coupon. I'll be honest, the flavors were little bland, but so is plain grilled chicken! Compare the ingredients to a chicken nugget and I bet you'll be able to pronounce mine and not the "real" chicken nugget.
I've made succotash before and we both loved it. Plus, I had half a bag of frozen shelled edamame leftover from dinner the night before. Brief refresher: Corn, Tomatoes, Edamame, Onion, little olive oil and a little vinegar plus Spices. It's totally that easy. I even used canned corn and tomatoes; no salt or sugar!
We're all set in the fridge with 2 lunches for less than $3 a serving!

Happy Lunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment