Friday, October 29, 2010

Banana Bread

Baking is so much work. The measuring, the thinking, the many ingredients, the timing. Cooking is much easier, a pinch of something into a bowl, a taste here and there.

There are some wonderful things about baking that you don't get with cooking. 1. The big reveal at the end, what will it taste like? 2. Being there as the whole house smells of banana, sugar, and cinnamon. 3. And of course, the fun fact that you bake more desserts than you cook. Banana bread is more like dessert than bread, evident in my calorie approximations. Warning, don't click if you think of banana bread as a serving of fruit!

I think baking would be more fun if I had a team of people to measure out all my ingredients and set my mise en place before I swooped onto the scene in a cute apron to assemble, like on tv.

My banana bread recipe was altered from this one. It's bananas, brown and white sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, butter, milk, pecans, chocolate chips, and vanilla. There are a million options when it comes to banana bread so you can pretty much take whatever you have and turn it into banana bread, it's like leftover bread. I found a recipe online using canned pineapple and shredded coconut.

Happy Baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment