Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Succotash

suc·co·tash

[suhk-uh-tash]
–noun
a cooked dish of kernels of corn mixed with shell beans, esp. limabeans, and, often, with green and sweet red peppers.

Have you ever made succotash?
I hadn't but the name was just so fun to say that I wanted to try it.

Ingredients:
2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
1 plum tomato
1/2 bag of frozen edamame (substituted for lima beans)
1/4 yellow onion
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Roasted Red Pepper
bit of Sugar

I sauteed my onion in olive oil with salt and pepper.
Added the edamame and corn and let it sizzle a while.
Then I added the tomato.
more salt and pepper, plus the roasted red pepper.
Then I tasted it and it was quite tangy from the pepper so I added a little sugar.

I served the succotash with Chris' leftover Mackerel that I had frozen. The sturdy white fish paired really nicely with the strong flavors of the red pepper. It was a very quick dinner, so quick I forgot to take a picture. Sorry, it was pretty too with all the colors. This picture is from the internet but looks similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment