Monday, February 6, 2012

Rainbow Bruschetta


I've posted about making bruschetta before.
In the real world you don't make something once and then never make it again. I feel like most people have a rotation of 10-14 recipes they make about twice a month. I definitely have my tried and true favorite recipes!

This bruschetta is pretty.

I found these AMAZING rainbow tomatoes at the farmer's market. You see things like these on the food television but not really available to purchase. Like the time I found a recipe for these beautiful rainbow carrots to serve with Easter dinner that I've never ever seen in a store ever. I actually found rainbow tomatoes and you know I bought those bad boys right up!


I also bought a baguette at said farmer's market.

When we got home I was tired and not really interested in cooking that much but also feeling inspired by all the wonderful things we bought! (ground vanilla, baguette, flatbreads, jam, collards, kale, red peppers, baby eggplants, & rainbow tomatoes)

Bruschetta is easy. That's why I chose to make it. Ingredients: Baguette, Oil, Tomatoes, Cream Cheese, Onion, Fresh Mint (or basil), Balsamic Vinegar, and Salt & Pepper.

  • Slice your baguette into 1 inch slices
  • Using a pastry brush paint them with some oil. I used organic canola.
  • Arrange on baking sheet
  • Pop into the oven at 350-400 degrees until toasty
  • While breads are toasting, Dice tomatoes
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper over diced tomatoes
  • Diced onion could be good in there, I didn't add any though.
  • On half I lightly spread tofutti cream cheese on the toasts, I wanted to see which I liked better. Verdict: Chris liked creamy ones and I liked non-creamy ones.
  • Chiffonade some fresh mint
  • Splash some balsamic vinegar in a tiny tiny pan and let it simmer until it gets thick and syrup like
  • Top toasty breads with tomatoes, splash of vinegar reduction, and a few springs of mint.
Done.
Happy Eating! (and good luck finding rainbow colored produce without food coloring)

No comments:

Post a Comment