Thursday, February 2, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

The thing I love about peanut butter cookies are those fork marks across the top. I was allowed to do that as a little girl, I took it very seriously, the fork lines had to be perfect!
haha.
I almost didn't put them on these peanut butter cookies, but at the last minute I gave in and went line crazy!

I got the recipe here: The Healthy Happy Life.

Sift together the dry ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl:
1 cup sugar*
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup soy milk*
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of vegan "butter" melted. Note: I melted mine in a liquid measuring cup and then reused the cup (before rinsing) to measure the maple syrup - it helps it slide out easier.
1/4 cup maple syrup*
3/4 cup creamy salted peanut butter*


Fold in:
3/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips

* means I used an organic ingredient.

Bonus about making vegan cookies: you can and should eat the cookie dough. In fact, I kind of found this cookie dough recipe more tasty than the baked cookies themselves. Next time I'll be freezing some and crumbling it into ice cream!

Combine your wet into your dry. Mix in the chocolate chips. Put the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes, the batter is super moist and the fridge will make it more manageable.

Then roll the dough into 1" rounds and then roll them in sugar to coat the outside.

Place rounds on a cookie sheet and SMOOSH with a fork, gently.


Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. At 10 minutes some of mine had beautiful carmel brown bottoms and some were still white on the bottom, so feel free to take it to 12 minutes. Or remove at 8 minutes if your oven is rocking.


Then... Cool and EAT.
also, be nice and take some to work so everyone can taste a cookie and have no clue it's vegan. If you keep taking treats to work you might get to be known as the twigs and berries girl, but I'm pretty sure they are using the term endearingly. :D

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment