Monday, August 23, 2010

Ezekiel 4:9

I bought another exciting nutritional food that I had been wanting to try. Ezekiel 4:9 bread. It's in the frozen section of the grocery store.

This bread is very delicious, although Chris thinks it is very dense. It has a slight nutty flavor, almost reminds me of a soy milk latte. But I could just be craving a latte this morning.

You can read all about the company and how they make their bread on their website. But I'll tell you what I like. Enriched flour is the normal ingredient for making bread. Enriched flour is mostly wheat that's beaten to a pulp. A lot of the nutrients are stripped from the wheat during this process, so to make it "better" for you they add in artifical nutrients at the end, thus making it enriched!

The low carb dieters of the world have decided that removing flour from your diet can help you loose weight but I think that trying to eliminate this type of flour from your diet is a better choice. Enriched flour hits your bloodstream like sugar because it is so refined. If too much sugar is consumed it can cause weight gain but carbohydrates aren't to blame. These complex carbohydrates provide lasting energy and won't spike your blood sugar! If you're looking for a new bread give this one a try. It's great as toast or for sandwiches.

Happy Nutrient Rich Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment