Monday, August 30, 2010

Wal Mart

Wal Mart is one of those places that I can't figure out. It's a cross between a flea market and a drugstore. There are lots of people and most of them must, sadly, not own a mirror for they left their house wearing their pajamas. But the goods are inexpensive and the variety is huge.

There are good things, since Wal Mart is such a large corporation they can do charitable things. They provide things to their consumers.
There are not so good things. They may, overall, hurt the local economy. They may have sexist policies.

So here is my problem... the prices are low.

8 pack Mach 3 Razors at Walgreens: $19.99
10 pack Mach 3 Razors at Walmart: 22.97 (plus my $2 off coupon)

Febreze Noticeables at CVS (from memory): $7.49
Febreze Noticeables at Walmart: $4.20 (plus my $1 off coupon)

Gillette Body Wash at Walgreens: $4.49
Gillette Body Wash at Walmart: $3.50 (plus my $2 off coupon)

I spent $77.62 today, which to me, is a heck of a lot of money! My coupons saved me $13.12. I only buy soaps, house cleansers, and razor refills occasionally and I find it is where I end up spending the most money. I try to avoid buying these items "on impulse" and only during a dedicated shopping trip with plenty of coupons, in fact I only bought one item today that I didn't have a coupon for. (It was frozen edamame for $1.96, at Publix I spent $3.19 on Aug. 2)

Happy Low Price Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment