Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Roasted Vegetable No Cheese Pizza


I'm incredibly blessed that there is a local bakery near me that makes vegan bread. It's called the Old Hearth Bread Co.

I bought their pizza crusts this weekend at the farmer's market. They are so cute! Little 4" pizza crusts; ingredients: Unbleached Flour, Water, Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Malt. The size is perfect for personal pizzas. I will probably try them when we have non-vegans over for dinner so they can have cheese and I don't have too.

Chris is over the soy cheezes so I skipped cheeze all together this time. I was inspired by Amy's Roasted Vegetable No Cheese Pizza so I made a copycat with my newly found crusts!


I had some leftover tomato paste so I whisked up some pizza sauce.
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Tomato Paste, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Basil, Thyme, Parsley, Water. Just whisk it all together over medium low heat until it's saucy and tasty!

Toppings: 1/2 cup Diced Eggplant, 1/4 of a White Onion, 5 Mushrooms, 1 Red Pepper
Chop the vegetables and quarter the mushrooms. Toss with some olive oil, garlic powder, and parsley. Roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 min, until the tops of the onions are browned and the eggplant is cooked.

I took my my pizza crusts out of the freezer, spread a tiny but of olive oil on the bottom, smoothed some sauce, and topped them with the vegetables. At this point you could put them back in the freezer for homemade frozen pizzas to be heated through at another time or go ahead and bake them now!


How easy was that!
Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment