Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Broccoli Noodle Soup with Ginger and Sesame

The other day I went to one of favorite restaurants in Orlando, the Drunken Monkey. The had a soup called "Beef" & Broccoli. It was amazing. Noodles, ginger, seitan, broccoli, soy sauce... I was inspired!



Ingredients:
1/2 Onion
2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 bunches Broccoli
1 Can of Water Chestnuts
Vegetable Stock
2 servings Soba Noodles
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 package Seitan Strips


Soup is really easy to make. I promise!
Saute your onion in oil. Add stock, soy, water chestnuts, noodles, and ginger. Simmer it all together. Add Seitan at the end.
Viola! Soup. 
I took my soup on a lovely picnic! 
Pour the soup in a jar and secure your lid. A koozie will keep it warm and hold your spoon. 


I love eating outside. When all the food is in one jar it's easy to take it on the go, like outside! What a perfect lunch.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment