Kale Salad with Sesame Sriracha Dressing.
Look at how beautiful that looks. It's crunchy, sweet, spicy, tangy, sweet... pretty much perfect!
I wish I could let all of you taste this dressing so you could understand how amazing it tastes.
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 shake of garlic powder
- 1 shake of powdered ginger. One shake is probably about a tsp.
- 3-4 stems of Kale, cut into small ribbons
- 1/3 of a Cucumber, cut into a dice
- 1 large handful of Shredded Carrots, I used both orange and yellow
- 5 Tomatoes, I used cherry ones cut into slices
- 1 handful Cashews, maybe 1/4 cup, Cut into a dice
I like to cut up my kale first. Remove the leaf from the stem and roll the stems together like a burrito, nice and tight. Then slice down the roll and bam- ribbons!
Whisk up all the ingredients in the dressing and pour over the kale. I used my hands to massage the dressing and the kale together. It helps soften the kale and make it even more delectable!
After that, throw in the rest of the toppings. I don't like to add topping before the dressing because you need to get pretty forceful with the massaging and cucumber and tomatoes don't handle that rough handling very well.
I was hungry right away so I didn't soak my cashews but honestly, I liked the crunch so I probably won't soak them next time either!