Thursday, November 11, 2010

Guacamole

Holy Guacamole.
I always wanted to say that.

I love love love love avocado and also, guacamole.
When I was growing up avocado wasn't a popular food item since it is high in fats. Check out this super amazing website about what is in an avocado. Basically, yes, it's high in mono-unsaturated fat and omega 6. Check out this cool post I wrote about fat a while back. Fats are good for you and you need them so don't go thinking cellulite on me, think how great it will be when you body uses those fats to absorb your fat soluble vitamins like A, E, D and K. Here is a link to a great chart about fat soluble vitamins. I love nutrition. Chris compared the texture of guacamole to cold peanut butter which is funny because the nutritional content is similar.

The Point of all that was to tell you that I made guacamole, minus the cilantro that Chris hates. It was the most delicious snack you ever ate! So delicious that I forgot to take a picture until the bowl was pretty much empty. Sorry. I used some red onion, some tomato, some salt, some pepper, some mashed avocado and my fingers to scrape the bowl clean.
I love Tex-Mex Week!
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment