Friday, November 5, 2010

Chipotle Skirt Steak Salad

I liked the idea of putting sweet potato in a salad to mix in some thanksgiving flair. I also like steak and potatoes on a salad because I think it's funny. This was going to be dinner this week but it got converted to a lunch when some plans were changed and we ended up at 5 Guys for dinner instead. Hum... not sure how that happened.

My Ingredients:
Skirt steak, Sweet Potato, Poblano Pepper, Yellow Onion, and Spring Mix Lettuce.

I had never really cooked skirt steak. I broiled it until my meat thermometer said it was done. It turned out pretty good! I just used salt and pepper.
I used sweet potatoes, hello thanksgiving, and I roasted them.
First I coated them with some roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. They were a smidge spicy and they went well with the steak.
I sliced and diced the poblano pepper and some yellow onion. I sauteed those with a bit of olive oil.
Then I piled it all on top of some spring mix.
Delicious!
Here is the link to my calorie approximations.
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment