1. I put some cooked black beans in a bowl and mashed them up with my hands, my food processor broke a while back.
2. I added some finely shredded carrot.
3. I added about a cup of cooked brown rice. (plus some salt, pepper)
Then I let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. I made the mix in the morning and didn't do anything else too it until dinner time.
4. At dinner time I added sauteed onions.
5. I formed the mixture into patties
6. I lightly sauteed them in the cast iron skillet with no oil or butter
7. I put them on their toasted buns with lettuce and tomato
It wasn't as hard as I thought it might but but I won't say they were the most amazing black bean burgers either. They were good! but not oh my goodness amazing. I had heard the tricky part was getting the patties to stick together and I didn't have much trouble with that. I think next time I'll add things like worcestershire sauce or mustard.
Happy Eating and trying new things!