Friday, November 19, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Broccoli cheddar soup is so easy to make. I wouldn't lie. Maybe even easier than my vegetable soup.

Ingredients: Flour, Olive Oil, Vegetable Stock, Carrots, Broccoli, Milk, Cheese, Salt, and Pepper.

1. I made another attempt at a roux. Flour and olive oil in a pot. It turned pink-ish this time!
2. Organic Vegetable Stock, What kind of stock do you buy? I am so frustrated with stocks that are full of modified corn.
3. Chop up some carrots and throw them in to get nice and soft.
4. Chop up your broccoli and please, be messy! Different sizes and don't forget the stalk part.
5. Simmer. Add some milk.
6. Add the cheese!
7. Try not to taste away half your pot or else Chris will make fun of you, or that might just be me.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment