Friday, April 13, 2012

Taco Pizza

My husband and I have pretty different backgrounds when it comes to food.
When Chris and I first met he mentioned this thing called a taco pizza. The Pizza Hut by his house in Wyoming made it. He said it was like a taco on a pizza.

I'm not sure what kind of Pizza Hut they have in Wyoming but our Pizza Hut in Maryland didn't have any crazy taco pizza. Just a fire in the middle of the restaurant, do you remember that??



Even though taco pizza was a stupid idea...

I've not really been able to stop thinking about it these last three years. Taco Pizza... so crazy it might just work.



The other day I was in whole foods and found a fresh sprouted whole wheat pizza crust for sale, with only like 4 ingredients! I bought it. I brought it home and made taco pizza for the first time.

I spread organic refried beans (from a can) on the bottom in a light layer. This is a sauce substitute.
Then boca vegan soy crumbles sauteed with red onion. You could probably use real meat here if you're into that kind of thing.
Then a light sprinkle of pepper jack daiya. You could, again, I suppose, use cows cheese here too if you're into that.

Pop it in the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is toasty. I let mine cool a few minutes before I continued assembling.



Then add shredded lettuce. Salsa. Guacamole.



EAT!
Omgoodness it's so good so keep eating until you're so full you want to pop.

Then apologize to your husband for calling his taco pizza weird for 3 years when really, he was right all along.
It's easier to apologize with your mouth full.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment