Sunday, April 1, 2012

Juice Fast: Day 1


Chris and I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead the other night. The romance in our movie date nights is palpable. It's a good film and I recommend you check it out. It's a documentary about a man that heals himself of an autoimmune disease using juice. He does a juice fast for 60 days. 

Chris was inspired.
You read that right! Not me, Chris! Chris decided he'd like to do a juice fast. I'm weary but I'm down. So at 12:30am that night we ordered a juicer online and here we are... Juice Fast Day One.
...

The "rules" are pretty simple. Drink freshly made fruit and vegetable juice every day for ten days and don't eat anything else. We haven't really set any limits or quotas on the amount of juice. We will see how we're feeling and kind of go from there.



We just juiced some breakfast:
Blueberries
Collard Greens
Spinach
Apple
Pear
Parsley
Cucumber


TASTE:
It tastes... um... fine. Haahaa. I mean, it's not bad or good. It has a mild flavor. We are cutting our juice with half water so it isn't very thick.

HUNGRY:
Hunger wise, I'm not really that hungry anyway so I'm not sucking down the juice.

EMOTIONS:
I'm sort of nervous, like what have I gotten myself into for the next 10 days. I love food! But I'm kind of excited. I haven't told Chris but if I can make it 7 days I'll be happy!

Happy Eating (or drinking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment