Friday, June 25, 2010

This Week at Publix...

Normally we go grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon.
This past Sunday was father's day though and we drove to see my father.
so we didn't go grocery shopping.
It kind of messed me up all week. You know when you normally do things one way and just a small tweak and it's like the schedule is spinning.
anyway...
I'm back on track!
I went to Publix yesterday.
My total was $38.28 and my total savings was $17.54

Some of the more exciting items were the Nature's Valley Granola Nut Clusters. I had a coupon for $1 off and there was a coupon sticking to the bag for another $1 off, so I used both and brought the price of the granola from $3.19 to $1.19.

Another exciting purchase... Ragu Tomato Sauce was on sale at Publix bogo plus I had a coupon for $.60 off two bottles of Ragu. At the original price of $2.53 a bottle, my sale and coupon averages it out to $.97 a bottle!

The only other bogo I took advantage of this week was the Planters Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts. I learned a little about nuts from Chris' trainer and if the ingredient list says more than the name of your nut, don't buy them! It makes sense, I guess the roasted or honey nuts have a lot of added oils that you don't need. We got peanuts, just peanuts, for $1.60 a pound.

Other noteable coupons... $2 off my Al Fresco Chicken Sausage making the price $3.49. Buy 2 get 1 free on Chobani Greek Yogurt, making the price $.89 a piece. $1 off the organic granola we buy for Chris' trail mix, making the total $2.99.

I also discovered that the Publix I visited accepts all competitors coupons, so I used 2 $1 coupons for Whole Foods at Publix.

It was a pretty great week even though I didn't make it to the store until Thursday.
Happy Healthy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment