Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Coupons...


Rollins has this thing called Clean Sweep every year when all the items students leave in their dorms at the end of the semester are displayed yard sale style and the staff can take whatever they would like.
We made out like bandits this year! (last year I was not very educated about the free stuff and didn't make us arrive on time) We got so many great things. Sperrys, Rainbow sandals, Brand name Clothes, Williams & Sonoma kitchen stuff, but the thing I love the most... our new printer! It is a scanner, copier, printer and it even had ink in it when we got it.

This printer has opened me up to many things... Scanning old photos, copying stuff, and printing coupons!
I have decided that I have plenty of time in my life to clip coupons and I think I could save some money. The printer was sort of my first step. We also subscribed to the Sunday Orlando Sentinel.
This week I printed coupons for $1 off any Muir Glen Organic Product, $1 off any Cascadian Farms Organic Product, and $.30 off Greek Yogurt to name a few. I am using websites like redplum. Then the Sunday paper arrived and it was a smorgasbord of coupons. Organic Milk, Greek Yogurt, Eggs, Snapple and so much more!
Disclaimer: I do not buy products that are full of Monosodium Glutamate, Resistant Corn Maltodextrin, Corn Syrup Solids, High Fructose Corn Syrup or things of that nature. So I am only clipping coupons for items that I will, in fact, eat. A bit of a let down this week: I printed a coupon for $.55 off Green Giant frozen just for one veggies. Unfortunately all the varieties had sauce and the sauce included high fructose corn syrup. Thankfully Publix frozen vegetables were on sale for $.99 and were free of corn product (besides the frozen corn of course).

Everything I have been finding on the internet about saving money using coupons has been on grocery items I won't eat. Even if the product is free, what good is it if you don't eat it? I didn't think I would find enough coupons for fresh foods that would make my search cost effective. So far though, it is. There are coupons for items that contain nutrients and offer your body digestible substance. It was a happy realization for me. This week at Publix my total savings was $31.82.

No comments:

Post a Comment