Friday, March 11, 2011

Tortilla Muffins



I love "The Biggest Loser" and I'm not afraid to admit it. It's feel-good television for me. This recipe was featured on the show a few weeks ago. I've altered it of course, but the basic idea is from the show. The two new trainers featured it.
It's also a Jennie O Turkey recipe. I did not buy Jennie O Turkey Sausages, I bought Jones Dairy Farm Turkey Sausages. I suppose it's up to you which turkey links to buy.

Ingredients:
6 Turkey Sausage Links
3 Taco Sized Tortillas, I used Flour because Chris loves them but Corn would be perfect too, and gluten free, if you need.
12 tbsp Diced Canned Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapenos, Fresh tomatoes with fresh jalapeno would would also. Just make sure your canned variety doesn't have corn in it.
12 tbsp Black Beans
12 Eggs/Egg Whites. I'm a real egg kind of girl but egg substitutes would work too in this recipe.
Salt/Pepper
Cooking Spray
Muffin Tin

First: Cut the tortillas into 8 little triangles, so each cup gets 2 triangles or 1/4 a tortilla. Layer them bigger side down and overlapping so the tops poke up. You might want to spray the muffin pan with cooking spray first.

Second: Cook the Sausages and quarter them too. Each cup gets 1/2 a sausage, cut into two pieces.

Third: Put 1 tbsp black beans and 1 tbsp diced tomatoes in each cup

Fourth: Put 1 egg or 1 egg white on top. I did half eggs and half egg whites.

Fifth: Sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper. Put in the over at 300 degrees.

Sixth: Bake until the eggs are cooked.

Seventh: Eat and Enjoy!

Nutritional Approximations: 1 muffin has 81 calories. 2 fats. 2 carbs. 1 sugar. 8.5 proteins.

No comments:

Post a Comment