Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Summer Vegetable Crepes!

Chris loves Crepes.
I don't know that I had ever thought one way or another about them until I met Chris.
but now I like them.
Not as much as Chris though.
I like savory crepes the best.
Chris likes sweet ones the best.
We still like each other the very best, definitely more than crepes despite our differences, although savory ones are clearly better.

The pre-made crepes were difficult for me to find at the grocery stores in our area though! I found some Melissa's Brand ones and I knew it was meant to be. I would encourage you to look in your fruit section because that is where I found mine.





  • 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
  • 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • Salt/Pepper
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped zucchini
  • 1 1/4 cups chopped green beans
  • 1 cup fresh corn kernels
  • 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 6 9-inch "ready-to-use" crêpes


Directions:

Combine the sour cream, 1/2 the chives, milk, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper. This is the sauce. Save it for the end.

Heat the oil and saute the zucchini, green beans, and corn in a pretty large pan.

Mix in the ricotta and shredded cheese, plus the rest of the chives and some more salt and pepper. Stir it until it is melted and mixed with the vegetables.

Scoop about 1/4 cup of filling into each pre-made crepe. I found it to be easier to roll the crepes closed if i used the waxy paper beneath it to roll it using gravity for some help.

Top the crepes with the sauce that you made in the beginning.


I got 6 crepes from this recipe, which is originally at Eating Well. Which is a great website and I highly recommend it. The original says they only got 4 crepes from these amounts. So the nutritional content is probably off a little bit, but these are their numbers.
Nutrition: 302 calories. 17 grams fat. 25 grams carbs. 15 grams protein. 3 grams fiber.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment