Sunday, March 27, 2011

Milkshakes

The Food Network Magazine that I've been reading most recently (that doesn't mean it is actually the most recent issue since I've got stacks of magazines waiting to be read) focuses on smoothies.
Do you like smoothies?
I don't.
I never have really. All those trendy smoothie joints my roommates in college frequented, not my favorite.
I like starbucks, not the smoothie type drinks though.

I like milkshakes more than smoothies. If I'm going to have a blended high calorie drink let's just call it like it is and add ice cream. Adding fruit and pretending it's healthy isn't for me.

I made milkshakes for Chris and I with these ingredients:


1. Banana Babies - Have you ever had these, they are YUM! Chocolate covered frozen bananas on a stick. (BOGO last week at the Publix in Central Florida!) I Sliced it off it's wooden stick for the milkshake but they are good as a popsicle too. No nasty junk ingredients either.
2. Talenti Milk Chocolate Gelato - Best chocolate ice cream type stuff EVER! no weird ingredients. It was Bogo when we bought it too.
3. Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter - Because hello, chocolate and peanut butter and banana are a magical threesome.
4. Horizon Organic Milk - It is a "Milk"shake.

It was delicious and full of calcium, protein, vitamin D, and potassium. Nutritious can mean not low in calories. Drink it up!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment