Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vegan Milkshake

I've found a bunch of wonderful new blogs that I read pretty much every single day. The best thing about food blogs is that I don't have to make the exact recipe the blogger did. I can take their ideas and use it as inspiration in my own kitchen.

One of my new favorites: Chocolate Covered Katie

Vegan desserts. Oh yes.

Tonight I had one of those nights when you're hungry for something so you wonder around taking bites of things and putting them back (sorry to my husband about leaving 1/2 a cracker in the box)
I must have been on a salty food kick lately because everything was pretzel-chip-cracker like and none of it was doing it for me. And then I realized... I want chocolate!

Unfortunately I didn't realize this when I was at a grocery store but in my small salty snack filled kitchen. All I could find in the chocolate category was some old-ish chocolate covered espresso beans that were buy one get one at whole foods.

I turned to Katie for inspiration: MILKSHAKE time!

1/2 package of chocolate covered espresso beans
1 large frozen banana
1/4 cup soy milk
1/3 cup opened then refrigerated coconut milk (it turns into cool whip!)

I put the beans in the food processor and blended. Added the banana and some of the cool whipped coconut milk. blended. Added soy milk. blended some more. I added about 2 tsp of sugar. Poured into a cup and viola!
Topped it with the rest of the coconut milk whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon.


I drank it ALL before I even thought, "Should I take a picture of this for the blog?"
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment