Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fighting

I can eat vegan raw for about 12 hours before I eat a chocolate chip cookie by accident.
I bought whole wheat chocolate chip cookies just in case that accident happened.

My wonderful puppy became a lady. A lovely lady, that is having her lady time and is moody and swollen and overall distraught at what is happening to her, and yes, I can tell.

I want to give her a chocolate chip cookie because I love them but, it would make her sick.

I get moody and distraught sometimes. If cookies don't help I normally pick a fight with Chris. (gasp!) It's true. Not about money or sex or religion or politics, but about what really matters... food. Our most stellar fights are about food. The last time we fought about food, I got roses. That's how you know it was a good fight.

Anyway, we found this very cool (could be vegan and raw) recipe that so far, we haven't fought about in the slightest.

SUSHI!



It's so easy people, that's the beauty of it, no fighting, no work... just YUM!

Ingredients:
Mild Miso ( I got mine from the refrigerated section in whole foods for maybe $5)
Raw or Toasted Seaweed Wrappers. I got toasted.
Carrots, Cucumbers, Avocado, Red Pepper. Basically, some veggies that you like.
Once we added some of that fake crab, it was okay.


Directions:
Get a rolling mat, it could be from the grocery store.
Lay a seaweed on top.
Smear a thin layer of miso on 2inches about 1/2 inch from one end.
Layer veggies on top of that. The hardest part is cutting them into a julienne. I used a vegetable peeler for the carrot to make it in long thin strips.
Avocado goes last.
Then quickly flip the mat and 1/2 inch of seaweed over the pile of goodies toward the long empty part of the seaweed.
Let the mat stay on top and Roll.
Wet the edge to seal.
Slice into bit size pieces.
Dunk in low sodium soy sauce and/or wasabi.


Then you enjoy being full of possibly vegan raw food and not fight with your spouse about what is for dinner!
happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment