Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Juice Fast: Day 3

We made it this far!
I'm ashamed to admit I'm a little surprised I've made it. Something you may know about me is how much I love food! I mean, I LOVE food. Sure, I don't eat anything to do with animals but I love the food I eat.


Juice... isn't food.
It's good, or I should say, it can be good.
...


Lunch for Day 3:
Spinach, Cucumber, Lemon, and Pear.



I also find I like less variety. I like 2-3 things in a juice. Maybe even just one. Carrot juice. Apple juice. When it all gets mixed together it can weird me out.


This red one is all berries! Strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry. It wasn't as sweet as you might expect but it was deliciously tart and the color drew me in :) As you can tell, juice is very portable and I can eat in the car very easily.

TASTE:

I'm really into the citrus juices; orange, lemon, grapefruit. This pink-ish one is ruby red grapefruit which wasn't as sweet as the orange grapefruit. I tried it warmed with cinnamon and nutmeg thanks to a recommendation and WOAH! It tastes similar to warm apple cider, only better! It sounds strange but I'll drink this one again for sure. As I find juice I like the taste of better, it gets easier.

HUNGRY:
I'm not really hungry. Crazy. I want pizza though, no lies. I'm planning my vegan pizza menu attack.

EMOTIONS:
Things have been a little emotional in my life regardless of this whole no eating thing. I'm struggling with old patterns of restricting food when emotions get heightened. I think choosing a less emotional time might have been a better choice. haha, but it's a challenge. I am trying to make sure I drink all the juice I can and remember food is here to nourish our bodies. Let's keep nourishing!!


Happy Eating (or Drinking)!

No comments:

Post a Comment