Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vegetable Soup

Chris and I made vegetable soup for dinner.
It was delicious. but I am the biggest fan of soup! If I could find a t-shirt that said I (heart) soup, I'd buy it.

Easy Recipe!
1. Roast veggies.
Potato, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Carrot chopped into a large dice and coated in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, sage, white pepper, or whatever spices you like. I make the spice oil rub and then add the veggies. Spread them out on a sheet tray and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for maybe 20 minutes.

2. Start soup.
Onion, Carrot, and Celery chopped into a fine dice. Saute in a little olive oil. Add some stock, I used chicken because I had it but vegetable would work great and would keep the recipe vegetarian. Add a can of diced tomatoes too.

3. Combine.
Mix roasted veggies with soup base. It's nice to have a helper since the veggies are hot.

4. Simmer a while.

5. While simmering I made some crusty bread strips.
I used the Genesis 1:29 bread. then the secret ingredient... Papa John's garlic dipping sauce! I spread it over the bread and bake for 15 min at 300 degrees. The dipping sauce is processed and terrible but SO easy, plus we had 4 of them hanging around the refrigerator.

6. We had two servings of leftover meatloaf (more detailed blog to come) so I crumbled them up and added them to our bowls and poured the soup over them. They were really good in the soup but I mostly used them because otherwise they would have been thrown away.


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment